Plextor USA

Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

BD Suite
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: BD Suite
BD Suite 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
WTF I just purchased the Plextor BD Writer PX-8940SA and the damn software package only supports DVD not BD? WTF are you people trying to do? It's ironic that you buy a Blu-Ray Writer only to find out that the software only supports DVD movie burning, but you can PURCHASE the Blu-Ray level software for an additional $40!!!! It's a BD Writer, not a DVD Writer, so why is the software behind the times? It's even called BD Suite, but there's nothing BD in the Suite!

Pissed off!!!
Blu-Ray Demon
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The topic has been locked.

Re:BD Suite 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 33
First of all, welcome to the forums. Secondly, please calm down. If you simply use the search feature on our forums, you see that all you have to do is update the software in order to fix the problem. Once everything is installed, open up the main BD Suite software and click on the "check for upgrades" link on the bottom right. You want to download the free updates in blue. The upgrades will require that you purchase something, which is not necessary. I hope this helps.

H
hieu
not a pirate.
Administrator
graphgraph

Re:BD Suite 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I have to agree with that gentleman. I don't think he needs to calm down. His question is legitimate and his anger is warranted. We bought blu ray burners and they don't work. Period. We shouldn't have to update a thing. I will go and try to get my product to work now by updating my software -- where I had to do research to find out how. You actually deserve (Plextor) for me to ship it back from where I got it from and tell them it doesn't work-because actually, it doesn't. We bought Blu ray burners that don't support Blu ray. Thanks. That's brilliant.
panettalaw
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:BD Suite 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 33
*Attention all PX-B940SA owners*

If by chance, you've unluckily purchased a version of the drive that came with the Plextor (Cyberlink) BD Suite and found that you are not able to actually author a BD movie using the PowerProducer software (which is part of the suite) and the update procedure explained below does not fix, then contact Plextor tech support at 1-800-886-3935 and they will send you a newer version of the software. You will need to have your sales receipt handy. I hope this helps.

H
hieu
not a pirate.
Administrator
graphgraph

Re:BD Suite 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear "H" - It doesn't appear I can do anything except burn regular DVDs with my Plextor PX-B310U blu ray burner.

First of all, there's nothing "below" your message ( "and the update below does not fix,"). So what are you referring to? Perhaps a link?? I take it you copied & pasted from somewhere. Next, my sales receipt? Are you kidding? My girlfriend bought my drive, which is brand new technology in April for my birthday. You want me to have her dig out her TigerDirect email receipt? What in the world do you need that for? I stole it (the drive)? Or my warranty is up-????- you just came out with Blu ray drives less than a year ago? This thing should work for God sakes.
panettalaw
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:BD Suite 3 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 36
I think "H" or Hieu's message was referring to the Blu-Ray writer the PX-B940SA. If you have the B-310U, that would just be a Blu-Ray ROM (read only) and the softare you have would be just able to play a Blu-Ray. You will not need to get the receipt, as upgrading to a Blu-Ray burning version of Cyberlink would not do anything, as the drive does not support that feature.
TimG
graph

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: , TimG

Member Login

Polls

How will you use your Plextor drives

Polls

The main reason you chose Plextor

Chat Now!