Plextor USA

• Increase font size
  • Default font size
  • Decrease font size
Home Forum
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Integrity of PowerDVD under threat?!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Integrity of PowerDVD under threat?!
Integrity of PowerDVD under threat?! 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I purchased a PX-B120U and installed PowerDVD9 that came with it to see if it plays bluray discs better than Roxio Creator 2011, which plays an animated bluray disc fine, but not non-animated discs, which play with a lot of stutter and pixelization.

Anyway, after PowerDVD loads the BD disc, it stops and errors with:
"The integrity of CyberLink PowerDVD is under threat. Check your anti-virus software for malicious activities or try reinstalling CyberLink PowerDVD"

I have McAfee and see no logs pertaining to this, and have given PowerDVD full access to the internet. I even truned off Active Scanning and the Firewall, and uninstalled/reinstalled PowerDVD withno change.

Anyone have a clue?

Using Win7 on a Dell quad core 2.33GHz PC.
whisper1980
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Integrity of PowerDVD under threat?! 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 36
Is the pop up window actually from the Cyberlink Program, or does it appear to be one of those pop ups that are trying to get your attention? Does the Cyberlink program window actually close down when you get that message?
You may also want to run the update check for Cyberlink, do this by running powerDVD without a disc in the drive. Click on the settings and then click on the check for the updates (patches), upgrades are usually something you will have to pay for, and shouldn't be needed.
Also, when you installed Cyberlink, do you know if you have the Windows User Access Control on? I've seen the Windows UAC cause problems for some programs installing correctly when the UAC is set to a high enough level. You may want to uninstall it, turn off UAC and then try a new install again.
TimG
graph

Re:Integrity of PowerDVD under threat?! 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm getting the same message. The error message is definitely from cyberlink. I've tried two different blu rays and received the same error. I've installed the latest patch and it didn't make a difference. I also uninstalled and reinstalled PowerDVD 9 while UAC was off but still got the error. Please help!
GCarlo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

FWIW, my install of PowerDVD plays standard DVDs fine, just not Blurays, in which I get the threat warning.
whisper1980
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Integrity of PowerDVD under threat?! 3 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 36
Try running the BD advisor tool. It should be on there with the Cyberlink program, but if not, just download it from the cyberlink site. Check to make sure the rest of the computer setup checks out for being Blu-Ray ready. Also from the Power Starter program of Cyberlink, click the Upgrade arror in the bottom right. What is the current version of Power DVD listed as?
TimG
graph

TimG wrote:
Try running the BD advisor tool. It should be on there with the Cyberlink program, but if not, just download it from the cyberlink site. Check to make sure the rest of the computer setup checks out for being Blu-Ray ready. Also from the Power Starter program of Cyberlink, click the Upgrade arror in the bottom right. What is the current version of Power DVD listed as?

With PowerDVD9, the upgrade arrow is at the top left, and shows no updates available other than the upgrades ($).

PowerDVD 9.0.2925.52

I've looked at the event viewer: Windows Logs, and I'm thinking it occurs when it tries to restart the Desktop Window Manager, which it can't because Cyberlink has disabled it. I've also tried disabling the 2nd monitor, no change.

The BD Advisor tool does not run... it hangs at 20% "Scanning". Version 2.0.3226.0.
The BluRay 3D advisor hangs at 50% "Scanning". My monitors are:
1. Acer T230H Touchscreen 1920x1080
2. Viewsonic VG2230wm 1680x1050
whisper1980
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: , TimG

Member Login

Polls

How will you use your Plextor drives

Polls

The main reason you chose Plextor

Chat Now!
fb
linkedin
twitter
youtube